Chelsea will host Lille in the first leg of the Champions League 1/8 final on Tuesday night. Full statistics and all current odds can be found at how to use 1xbet bonus.
UEFA messed up the Champions League draw in December. Due to a mistake, the ceremony had to be held twice. Chelsea v Lille are the only pair to have matched up and after a repeat procedure. Thomas Tuchel’s team, who won the trophy last year, are considered the uncontested favourites for the duel and expect to justify that status as early as Tuesday.
Lille are the reigning French champions. This season in Ligue 1, the Dogs are just a mid-table side and so they approach the Champions League with particular trepidation. “Lille have managed to advance from first place in the group and will now try to put up a fight against Chelsea in the 1/8 finals.
– Chelsea and Lille crossed paths in the group stage of the Champions League in the 2019/2020 season. Back then, the Londoners won twice with the same score of 2-1.
– Chelsea have lost only one of their 10 home European Cup games against teams from France (6 wins, 3 draws).
– Lille have won only one of their 7 away European Cup games against teams from England (draw, 5 defeats).
– Chelsea have won their last 4 home Champions League games by a combined score of 11-0.
– In their last 5 away Champions League games, Lille have both scored and conceded.
We think Thomas Tuchel’s side will justify their status as favourites on Tuesday night. We’ll bet on Chelsea to win with a handicap (-1) at odds of 1.48.